Menu

Easter Fun, Spring Rice Salad with an Irresistable Dressing, and My New Favorite Cloth Diaper

Easter is this Sunday, which means blooming flowers, colored eggs, chocolate bunnies, and hopefully a good meal with friends or family. There are so many Easter egg hunts put on for kids these days you shouldn’t have a problem finding one if you so choose.

If staying around home is more your thing, opting for a picnic and an Easter egg hunt in your yard or at the neighborhood park is easy enough to pull off with a few preparations. For the menu consider this Leek Quiche. It’s perfect to slice up for an Easter picnic or brunch.

Recipe:

Spring Rice Salad

Nothing says spring more than a super yummy salad. And this one is definitely my fav whenever I want a light, flavorful meal. The key to its greatness is the vinaigrette, so make sure to follow that part to a T. Kids will love the color of the salad and the ease of eating it, since everything is cut into kid-size pieces.

Ingredients
Salad
1 cup of white basmati rice
1 organic orange, yellow, or red bell pepper, diced
1 large head of broccoli, steamed and cut into small pieces
2 - 2 1/2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes (or 1 cup peas)
3-4 scallions, green parts only diced (or 1/2 medium red onion, diced)

Vinaigrette
1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
4 Tbs. red wine vinegar
1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

1. Cook the rice as directed on package. Meanwhile, steam broccoli in large florets until a knife slides easily through the stem. When the rice is done, scoop into a large serving bowl and fluff.

2. Add other veggies and scallions to rice and toss to mix. When broccoli has cooled, cut the florets into small pieces, and combine with rice mixture.

3. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients together until combined, and pour onto rice salad. Mix thoroughly. Cover and put in fridge for at least two hours before eating to let the dressing absorb and the salad cool.

Product:

FuzziBunz One Size Elite Diaper

Way back when in the beginning of my journey as a mother I did a diaper review on several cloth diapers, eventually coming to the conclusion that g Diapers were my favorite. Two years later I have changed my mind. FuzziBunz diapers were my second choice back then, but now they have become my first. Why? Because they are built better, which means they last longer, dry quicker, and hold stains and odors less. And with the one size style you’re not wasting time or money buying new diapers when your child grows out of them. After using my medium sized g Diapers for about a year they look like a tornado has struck them. They definitely won't be able to make it through another baby, and some of them didn't last long enough to be outgrown. For a little more bulk, I'll take the diaper that keeps on going and going and going.

Are you going to cloth diaper?

Then consider buying a diaper sprayer. I’ve been using this one from the beginning, and I can honestly say now it has become one of the best investments I’ve ever made.



“I lied on my Weight Watchers list. I put down that I had 3 eggs... but they were Cadbury chocolate eggs.” -Caroline Rhea

No comments:

Post a Comment